Apparently long-time James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli thinks it’s time for a non-white actor to take over the mantel of James Bond.
According to The Independent, who got their news from The Daily Star, director Antoine Fuqua recently revealed that Broccoli feels “it is time” for an ethnic minority actor to star as 007 and she is certain “it will happen eventually”.
This may mean we’re getting ever closer to having fan-favorite choice Idris Elba take over the role of famed 007 licensed-to-kill MI6 agent James Bond.
Fuqua continued, saying “Idris could do it if he was in shape. You need a guy with physically strong presence. Idris has that.”
Many commenters were quick to point out that Elba would be nearing his 50s if this casting happens, but in the Bond film world, age is just a number.
Would you want to see Idris Elba as James Bond after Daniel Craig finishes his time with the character in Danny Boyle‘s Bond 25?
- New Report Suggests Bond 25 Will Miss Its 2019 Release Date
- Elba, Idris Elba Messes with James Bond Hopefuls via Twitter
- Pierce Brosnan Says Tom Hardy Could Be a "Good" James Bond
- Jeff Parker to Tell the Official World War II Origin of James Bond
- Bidding War Ends- Bond 25 Lands at Universal Pictures
- Danny Boyle Confirms He's Working on Bond 25
- What Kate Mulgrew Said About Captain Janeway Returning to Star Trek - October 20, 2018
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018