Set up by legendary comic creator Joe Kubert and continued by his family, The Kubert School in Dover, New Jersey, is a three-year technical school that teaches the principles of comics and the craft of the comics industry as well as commercial illustration. It is the only accredited school devoted entirely to cartooning. The school’s instructors are full-time professionals working in the industry, many of them graduates of the school themselves, and the instruction is hands-on and practical. The school has a reputation for demanding and intensive coursework. Its alumni include Amanda Conner, Lee Weeks, Steve Bissette, Shane Davis, Adam Warren, Bart Sears, Alex Maleev, and many others.
And now Lee Weeks, current artist on the Batman monthly series, is returning as a tutor. He posts on Instagram,
Thrilled to announce I’ll be joining the staff (pals) of @thekubertschool for the upcoming year, where I’ll be teaching narrative art one day a week. Joe’s legacy extends far beyond the printed pages of countless comics, and it’s an enormous honor for this particular twig of the Kubert tree to come full circle in this manner. Really looking forward to it.
Keep those pencils sharp!
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018