According to Blizzard, the studio has a couple of Diablo projects in the works at the moment. The announcement was made on Twitter today, which invited fans to watch a video on all the new updates coming to the franchise, including a new project as well as new content for the current edition of Diablo III.
Stay awhile and listen – we have exciting updates to share about the future of Diablo. pic.twitter.com/J7S3HHcWQC
— Diablo (@Diablo) August 8, 2018
From IGN‘s report:
Blizzard announced today that it has multiple new Diablo projects in the works, and fans might get a glimpse at some of them soon.
“The forges here at Blizzard are burning hot, and we have multiple Diablo projects in the works,” Diablo Associate Community Manager Brandy Camel said in a video. “Some of them are going to take longer than others, but we may have some things to show you later this year.”
The announcement today comes less as a surprise and more as official confirmation, as a Blizzard job listing for a dungeon artist to work on an “unannounced Diablo project” was posted back in June. Favorite contenders for the identity of the unannounced game include a Switch port which has been rumored for months now, thanks to some vague tweets and the possibility of a fourth game in the long-running series.
While we don’t know exactly what projects are in the works, we can expect to find out more in the coming months. Likely during QuakeCon this fall, as Blizzard tends to be quiet around Gamescom and PAX West in favor of their own convention.
- Getting a Good Look at Diablo III on Nintendo Switch at PAX West
- Blizzard Announces Diablo III Eternal Collection for Nintendo Switch
- Katy Perry to Join Cast of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - December 11, 2018
- The Leaderboard and NYXL to Host a Super Smash Bros Livestream Next Week - December 11, 2018
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018