Something I didn’t mention in my Advance Review of Fantastic Four #1 earlier today is that it doesn’t begin with the story. Instead, the inside page and the following three pages are dedicated to the memory of Steve Ditko.
Both Doctor Strange and Spider-Man are specifically called out in visuals with many more listed, but most prominent are the words “It was the work that mattered” reflecting Ditko’s strong beliefs on this matter, followed by reprinting the famous Amazing Spider-Man #33 five-page sequence across a double-page splash, alongside notes on his legacy from CCO Joe Quesada, EIC C.B. Cebulski, and Spider-Man group editor Nick Lowe.
I’ve now confirmed that this won’t just be in Fantastic Four #1 but in a number of Marvel Comics titles published in August, with the longer version in titles associated with Ditko, such as Amazing Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Hulk, and Squirrel Girl.
- The Daily LITG – 17th October 2018 – Lucifer Won’t Eat His Porridge - October 17, 2018
- The Futures of Turtles, Ponies, Ghostbusters, and Kyle Baker’s Black Panther Debuts in IDW January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018