Something I didn’t mention in my Advance Review of Fantastic Four #1 earlier today is that it doesn’t begin with the story. Instead, the inside page and the following three pages are dedicated to the memory of Steve Ditko.
Both Doctor Strange and Spider-Man are specifically called out in visuals with many more listed, but most prominent are the words “It was the work that mattered” reflecting Ditko’s strong beliefs on this matter, followed by reprinting the famous Amazing Spider-Man #33 five-page sequence across a double-page splash, alongside notes on his legacy from CCO Joe Quesada, EIC C.B. Cebulski, and Spider-Man group editor Nick Lowe.
I’ve now confirmed that this won’t just be in Fantastic Four #1 but in a number of Marvel Comics titles published in August, with the longer version in titles associated with Ditko, such as Amazing Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Hulk, and Squirrel Girl.
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018
- Marvel Finally Reveals What ‘T’Challa’ Actually Means - August 18, 2018
- You Can Find All Sorts of Things on Reddit in the Marvel Universe - August 18, 2018
- Is the Punisher Coming to London’s East End? - August 18, 2018