Something I didn’t mention in my Advance Review of Fantastic Four #1 earlier today is that it doesn’t begin with the story. Instead, the inside page and the following three pages are dedicated to the memory of Steve Ditko.
Both Doctor Strange and Spider-Man are specifically called out in visuals with many more listed, but most prominent are the words “It was the work that mattered” reflecting Ditko’s strong beliefs on this matter, followed by reprinting the famous Amazing Spider-Man #33 five-page sequence across a double-page splash, alongside notes on his legacy from CCO Joe Quesada, EIC C.B. Cebulski, and Spider-Man group editor Nick Lowe.
I’ve now confirmed that this won’t just be in Fantastic Four #1 but in a number of Marvel Comics titles published in August, with the longer version in titles associated with Ditko, such as Amazing Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Hulk, and Squirrel Girl.
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018