Chris Claremont is, again, working for his dollar. Paid an annual retainer to exclusively write comics for Marvel which is, basically, to stop him writing for DC Comics — or mouth off against Marvel when the X-Men films are running — this year he wrote a story which Marvel published in the X-Men Wedding Special. And at San Diego Comic-Con this year it was announced by Marvel he’d write the X-Men Black: Magneto one-shot.
Odds are he’s not done. But after previously talking about Marvel restrictions on creating new mutant book characters, it looks like he has someone new for October. Here’s the solicitation.
X-MEN BLACK MAGNETO #1
(W) Chris Claremont (A) Dalibor Talajic (CA) J. Scott Campbell
MAGNETO IS BACK!
…and so is Chris Claremont! For years, Magneto has done everything he can to achieve his goals for mutant domination. But now Magneto has declared that enough is enough. So what revolutionary plan does Magneto have that will change the face of mutantkind? And will anyone be able to stop him? Will anyone want to? PLUS: Includes Part 1 of X-MEN BLACK: APOCALYPSE the back up story by Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, and Geraldo Borge!
Rated T+In Shops: Oct 03, 2018
Who will want to stop him? We heard the name ‘Warden’ mentioned… you know, like prison? Camp? The connotations seem clear.
- Peter J Tomasi Gets an Ad For His Own Graphic Novel in Detective Comics #994 - December 12, 2018
- He Did It… Brian Bendis Actually Did It…. (Superman #6 Final Page Spoilers) - December 12, 2018
- Keyforge, Bloodshot, War Of The Realms, and Mad Cave Highlighted in Diamond 2019 Calendar - December 12, 2018
- In Spawn Kills Everyone 2 #1… No One Dies? - December 12, 2018
- Captain Britain Doesn’t Want Any Brexit Jokes in Avengers #11 - December 12, 2018