Chris Claremont is, again, working for his dollar. Paid an annual retainer to exclusively write comics for Marvel which is, basically, to stop him writing for DC Comics — or mouth off against Marvel when the X-Men films are running — this year he wrote a story which Marvel published in the X-Men Wedding Special. And at San Diego Comic-Con this year it was announced by Marvel he’d write the X-Men Black: Magneto one-shot.
Odds are he’s not done. But after previously talking about Marvel restrictions on creating new mutant book characters, it looks like he has someone new for October. Here’s the solicitation.
X-MEN BLACK MAGNETO #1
(W) Chris Claremont (A) Dalibor Talajic (CA) J. Scott Campbell
MAGNETO IS BACK!
…and so is Chris Claremont! For years, Magneto has done everything he can to achieve his goals for mutant domination. But now Magneto has declared that enough is enough. So what revolutionary plan does Magneto have that will change the face of mutantkind? And will anyone be able to stop him? Will anyone want to? PLUS: Includes Part 1 of X-MEN BLACK: APOCALYPSE the back up story by Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, and Geraldo Borge!
Rated T+In Shops: Oct 03, 2018
Who will want to stop him? We heard the name ‘Warden’ mentioned… you know, like prison? Camp? The connotations seem clear.
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018
- Full Catalog For BOOM! Studios January 2019 Solicitations – Brings Buffy to the Yard With the Avant-Guards - October 16, 2018