With the DCEU (or Worlds of DC, as they’re calling it now) at Warner Bros. cooling their heels post-Justice League but at the same time making waves with Aquaman and Wonder Woman 1984, it stands to reason that looking for additional high-profile options for the next DC Comics-based film is happening.
Deadline is reporting that according to their sourced (and confirmed) information, WB is currently seeking to develop and produce a new film based on Kal El’s (aka Superman) cousin, Kara Zor-El, aka Supergirl.
The character has been enjoying a modern renaissance with the Berlanti-verse Supergirl series on The CW starring Glee‘s Melissa Benoist, following Laura Vandervoot‘s portrayal on the previous Kryptionian/Kandorian series Smallville.
There are almost no details about this project yet, as it’s in the extremely early days of being developed. Deadline does say that Oren Uziel is currently working on the script, however. There is also no indication that the current tv Supergirl, Melissa Benoist, would or would not be involved.
This story is developing and we’ll let you know when additional information is revealed.
- Warner Bros. Focusing on Supergirl Film, Drops Superman Plans
- Warner Bros. Looking for a Female Director for Supergirl Movie
- Ruby Rose Says Playing Batwoman is a "Childhood Dream"
- DC and Warner Bros. Have Big Plans for Black Manta After Aquaman
- Matt Reeves Says His 'Batman' Reboot Film is Still Progressing
- Supergirl Season 4 Adds Star Trek: The Next Generation's Brent Spiner as VP
- Season 7 Will be the Last for ‘Orange is the New Black’ - October 17, 2018
- 9 Photos from ‘Outlander’ Season 4 Have Jamie, Claire, and More - October 17, 2018
- New Teaser for ‘Vikings’ Season 5b Brings the Blood and Chaos - October 17, 2018
- Chris Hemsworth has Wrapped Filming on ‘Men In Black’ - October 17, 2018
- Edna Mode’s “Designing Fabulous” Featurette from ‘Incredibles 2’ DVD - October 17, 2018