With the second season of Mr. Mercedes set to premiere on Wednesday, August 22, at 10 p.m. ET, AT&T‘s Audience Network is giving fans their first full official trailer look at what to expect. Based on Stephen King‘s Bill Hodges trilogy (Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch), the upcoming season finds Brady Hartsfield (Harry Treadaway) bed-ridden, in a vegetative state – and from the looks of things, more dangerous than ever:
“The master plan, which of course is always subject to change, is each book would represent a whole season, and Mr. Mercedes is the first season. Though in success it could go on beyond that. That’s everybody’s plan, isn’t it? You keep going and going and you keep finding more new stories. But going into this, the idea is that we have three books and in success it would make for three seasons and then, who knows? Maybe longer if we’re having fun.” – David E. Kelley
The series picks up a year after Brady Hartsfield’s (Harry Treadaway) thwarted attempt to perpetrate a second mass murder in the community of Bridgton, Ohio. Since the incident, Hartsfield has been hospitalized in a vegetative state. Retired Detective Bill Hodges (Brendan Gleeson) has done his best to move on from his Brady obsession, teaming up with Holly Gibney (Justine Lupe) to open Finders Keepers, a private investigative agency. But when unexplainable occurrences begin to affect hospital staff members attending to Brady, Hodges is haunted by the feeling that Brady is somehow responsible.”
Written by television veterans David E. Kelley (‘Big Little Lies’, ‘Ally McBeal’) and Dennis Lehane (‘Mystic River’, ‘The Drop’, ‘Live by Night’) and directed by Jack Bender (‘Game of Thrones’, ‘Lost’, ‘Under the Dome’), the second season will be based on Stephen King’s best-selling Bill Hodges Trilogy, which includes, ‘Mr. Mercedes,’ ‘Finders Keepers’ and ‘End of Watch,’ presumably picking up from book two of the trilogy.
Returning for Mr. Mercedes season 2 are Brendan Gleeson as Detective Bill Hodges, Harry Treadaway as Brady Hartsfield, Jharrel Jerome as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence as Detective Peter Dixon, Breeda Wool as Lou Linklatter, Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney, Nancy Travis as Donna Hodges, and Holland Taylor as Ida Silveris. Joining them are Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire) as Brady Hartsfield’s doctor Dr. Felix Babineau, Tessa Ferrer (Grey’s Anatomy) as Dr. Babineau’s wife Cora Babineau, and Maximiliano Hernandez (Sicario) as Assistant DA Antonio Montez.
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 1: Sabrina Really Needs to Reschedule; Cast, Crew Talk Series (PREVIEW) - October 18, 2018
- Dorian: CW Adapting Oscar Wilde’s The Picture Of Dorian Gray as Female-Led Comedy Series - October 18, 2018
- The Hypnotist’s Love Story: ABC Adapting ‘Big Little Lies’ Author’s Novel; Heather Graham Stars, EP - October 18, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 2, Episode 2 – ‘The Book of Consequences: Chapter Two – Black Jesus Blues’: Facing Some Dark Truths (RECAP) - October 18, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 6 ‘Return to Murder House’ Brings Hope, Closure to End Times (REVIEW) - October 18, 2018