It was asked by Stan Lee and John Romita Snr back in Amazing Spider-Man #50.
‘Spider-Man No More?’
And has been asked repeatedly over the years. But now with Batman #52 seeing Bruce Wayne ask fundamental questions about the point, purpose and justification for the existence of Batman and finding him guilty, it looks as if the upcoming issue Batman #53 is going to the Amazing Spider-Man #50 well, as this new look at the cover, including the words, is revealed in today’s DC Nation #3…
Here’s the solicit,
(W) Tom King (A/CA) Lee Weeks
“Cold Days” continues! The jury in the Mr. Freeze trial is hopelessly deadlocked because one man won’t vote guilty-and that man is Bruce Wayne. Freeze’s defense is that Batman used excessive force, making his arrest illegal, and Bruce is the one man who actually knows for sure what went down between Batman and his ice-cold nemesis. And if Bruce is right, that means everything he’s devoted himself to as the Caped Crusader is a lie; he is hurting more than helping. With Dick Grayson putting the Batsuit back on to keep Gotham City safe while Bruce is sequestered, could this be the out Bruce needs to discard the cape and cowl forever?
The Eisner Award-nominated team of Tom King and Lee Weeks reexamine the relationship between hero and foe, as Batman relives not just that one violent night when he took down the King of Cold, but every time the two have come to blows.In Shops: Aug 15, 2018
While we also get a look at the September issue of DC Nation…
Man, everyone’s dying right now it seems…
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018