Polyphony Digital has released a new free update to Gran Turismo Sport this week, but one of the new additions may or may not sit well with players. Along with getting eight new cars and an additional circuit to name a few, the company added in microtransactions to purchase everything with cash. The PlayStation Blog, which we have quoted below, tries to pass this off simply as “Downloadable Content”, but the reality is Gran Turismo Sport changed their system so that instead of racking up in-game credits, you can now buy everything from $1-3.
We’re sure that will sit nicely with all the people who contributed hours to get all the gear on merit alone. In the meantime, here’s the details and the trailer for the update.
While there are many car enthusiasts young and old among Gran Turismo’s players, there are many who don’t have enough time to play and save the in-game credits needed to acquire their favorite cars. By making cars immediately available to purchase as DLC, we hope to make it so that players busy with work (or those who’ve just entered the world of GT) can acquire attractive and competitive cars quickly, and take their position on the starting grid.
However, to keep things fair and balanced for our existing players, all cars can still be purchased with in-game credits as before; there are no cars that are only available for cash, and nothing will change in the way you currently earn cars, or the present car system.
Furthermore, GT Sport’s priciest vehicles can only be bought with the in-game currency – meaning drivers will still have to prove their ability and effort out on the track to acquire the very best cars on offer.
- Gran Turismo Sport Is Getting 12 New Cars Next Week
- Kazunori Yamauchi Discusses Gran Turismo 7 and GT Sport Updates
- Gran Turismo 6 Servers are Shutting Down in 2018
- Gran Turismo Sport Back Up After Several Hours Offline
- Gran Turismo Sport Adds New Cars For Holiday Update
- PlayStation Plus Will Stop Making PS3 and Vita Games for Free in March - December 11, 2018
- Review: AZIO R.C.K. Vintage Typewriter Keyboard - December 10, 2018
- Fortnite Streamer Arrested For Alleged Domestic Abuse During Stream - December 10, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Celebrates DOOM’s 25th Anniversary - December 10, 2018
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018