There’s a very specific mask in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds that you won’t be able to get anymore due to its offensive nature.
Korean news site BIZT was the first to report on the matter, as the mask you see below specifically embodies artwork from the Japanese Rising Sun flag and symbology. Aside from the fact that this is an offensive image to Korean and Chinese people, it’s a symbol of when Japan was part of the Axis during World War II. It’s a chapter in Japanese culture no one in the region was a fan of, and even Japan would like you to forget ever happened.
On top of that, a player who sussed out the mask discovered some of the AI bots in the game were called Unit 731, which was a unit of the Japanese Imperial Army that used chemical weapons on prisoners of war from China, Korea, and Russia.
Bluehole released a statement on the matter within the game and announced they would be launching an investigation into what happened, but one has to wonder how the hell an item like that even gets past the approval process, let alone designed and implemented into the game. Considering the offensive nature, don’t expect players in the region to let go of it or forget it anytime soon.
- Dodgebomb Officially Launches in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Launches a New Improvement Website
- PUBG Mobile Will Have a Crossover Event With Mission: Impossible Fallout
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Finally Adds the Mirado to Miramar
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Announce Bonus XP Events
- Popular PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Player Banned for Using Flying Car
- ESP Gaming Launches New Tournaments with World Showdown of Esports
- PUBG and deadmau5 Getting Together for a Twitch Prime Event
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest Will Revolve Around Utensils - August 19, 2018
- Supermassive Games Trademarks Shattered State Without Exclusivity - August 18, 2018
- Far Cry 5 Reveals Next DLC Event, Dead Living Zombies - August 18, 2018
- Librarian Embezzles $89k, Spends It All on ‘Game of War’ Microtransactions - August 18, 2018
- Six Major Paris 2018: Semifinals – Evil Geniuses vs. Rogue - August 18, 2018