At the X-Men panel at San Diego Comic-Con today, Marvel Editor-in-Chief C. B. Cebulski stated that Magik and Dani Moonstar are two favorites, and they will be published so long as he’s heading up Marvel comic books.
This could mean nothing. This could just be Cebulski speaking off the cuff and showing respect for two of his favorite Marvel Comics characters.
Orrrrrr, this could mean a return of the New Mutants ongoing series.
Matthew Rosenberg is close to wrapping up his New Mutants: Dead Souls series this month, and that would leave Dani Moonstar and Magik unpublished, as neither is currently in an X-Men team. Also, Dani Moonstar hasn’t been a main character in the story.
The New Mutants movie has been pushed back to 2019 but is presumably still going to happen unless something drastic happens (especially with the Disney acquisition of 21st Century Fox). This would be a good time to try and capitalize on that reflected limelight.
Hell, I’d be up for a New Mutants relaunch under the right circumstances. Dead Souls hasn’t been quite doing it for me, but with the right author, artist, and lineup, I’d be in. It seems that Cebulski would like to see that too.
We’ll keep our ears to the ground and watch more of the SDCC 2018 goings-on to see if anything on this topic comes down the wire. Check back in with Bleeding Cool later for possibly more on this. See you wonderful people in the next article.
- Iceman #1 Review: A Very Welcome Return - September 12, 2018
- House of Whispers #1 Review: Sandman Universe Struggling to Create Engagement - September 12, 2018
- Infinity Wars #3 Review: What if Captain America but Also Doctor Strange? - September 12, 2018
- Weapon X #23 Review: Deadpool is a Comic-Killer - September 11, 2018
- Nightwing #48 Review: The Motor Cycle Race of the Cosmos - September 11, 2018