Score another big animation win for VIZ Media as the company has secured the distribution rights to Netflix’s animated Castlevania series. The announcement came over the weekend while the company was at San Diego Comic-Con, along with a Twitter post about the news and a few details that have been coming out from their booth and panel.
Announcement: Castlevania is coming to home video. More info on Trevor Belmont’s quest coming soon. pic.twitter.com/a56tburOmF
— VIZ @ SDCC2018 Booth #2813 (@VIZMedia) July 19, 2018
Now, you may be wondering what that entails when you can already see the show on Netflix. The short version: Netflix has the broadcasting rights, much like you would see from a network show. VIZ Media’s distribution rights give them the ability to sell the show on DVD and Blu-ray, with the possibility of digital download codes included with the set.
There are no immediate details as to when the series will be sold home media, but we suspect if you don’t see it released by the time Castlevania season 2 starts on October 26th, you might see the first season or both packaged together around December for the holidays.
It should also be noted that the third season of Castlevania is currently in the works, but there are no details on how many episodes that season will receive — only that it will probably run in the fall of 2019.
- A New Character Confirmed for Netflix's Castlevania by Adi Shankar
- Netflix Debuts a New Trailer for Castlevania's Second Season
- Supermassive Games Trademarks Shattered State Without Exclusivity - August 18, 2018
- Far Cry 5 Reveals Next DLC Event, Dead Living Zombies - August 18, 2018
- Librarian Embezzles $89k, Spends It All on ‘Game of War’ Microtransactions - August 18, 2018
- Six Major Paris 2018: Semifinals – Evil Geniuses vs. Rogue - August 18, 2018
- Valve is Apparently Launching Its Own Streaming Channel Called Stream TV - August 18, 2018