Score another big animation win for VIZ Media as the company has secured the distribution rights to Netflix’s animated Castlevania series. The announcement came over the weekend while the company was at San Diego Comic-Con, along with a Twitter post about the news and a few details that have been coming out from their booth and panel.
Announcement: Castlevania is coming to home video. More info on Trevor Belmont’s quest coming soon. pic.twitter.com/a56tburOmF
— VIZ @ SDCC2018 Booth #2813 (@VIZMedia) July 19, 2018
Now, you may be wondering what that entails when you can already see the show on Netflix. The short version: Netflix has the broadcasting rights, much like you would see from a network show. VIZ Media’s distribution rights give them the ability to sell the show on DVD and Blu-ray, with the possibility of digital download codes included with the set.
There are no immediate details as to when the series will be sold home media, but we suspect if you don’t see it released by the time Castlevania season 2 starts on October 26th, you might see the first season or both packaged together around December for the holidays.
It should also be noted that the third season of Castlevania is currently in the works, but there are no details on how many episodes that season will receive — only that it will probably run in the fall of 2019.
- Korean Ratings Board Leaks Details to New Game Castlevania Requiem
- Netflix Releases a New Poster for Castlevania Promoting Blood vs. Blood
- A New Character Confirmed for Netflix's Castlevania by Adi Shankar
- Netflix Debuts a New Trailer for Castlevania's Second Season
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed - October 16, 2018
- Analogue Unveils Their Genesis Retro Console With the Mega Sg - October 16, 2018
- Discord Officially Launches Their New Store Globally - October 16, 2018
- Fortnite Receives a New Vehicle in the Latest Patch - October 16, 2018
- Treyarch Teases Next DLC Zombie Map for Black Ops 4 - October 16, 2018