The Supergirl panel at San Diego Comic-Con announced three new cast members for season 4 of the CW show, including Nicole Maines, who would be television’s first transgender actor playing a transgender superhero.
The panel named transgender activist Nicole Maines (Royal Pains, The Trans List, Becoming Nicole book) joining the show in the series regular role of Nia Nal, aka Dreamer. The newest addition to the CatCo reporting team, she is described as a soulful young transgender woman with a fierce drive to protect others, Nia’s journey this season means fulfilling her destiny as the superhero Dreamer (much like Kara came into her own as Supergirl).
In addition, the series will be joined by series regular April Parker Jones (Jericho, The Last Ship) as Colonel Haley, a hardline career military woman who lives and dies by the orders of her commanding officers. Dedicated to her country, she always acts in its best interest — even if it’s not her own.
And David Ajala (Doctor Who, Nightflyers, The Dark Knight), who will recur as Manchester Black, based on the DC character created by Joe Kelly, described as the type of guy who brings a knife to a gunfight and still walks away the winner. With a dark past, he easily deflects the brutality of his mission with his charm and sense of humor.
These three cast members join the previously announced new series regulars Jesse Rath (who plays the Legion of Super Heroes’ Brainiac 5) and Sam Witwer (who will play Agent Liberty).
Supergirl returns for its fourth season on October 14th in its new Sunday 8/7c time period on The CW.
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018