Words by: Brandon Wainerdi (@ActuallyBrandon)
Photos by: Jason Kauzlarich (@TheyLiveObey)
Trying to grab a poster at the Mondo booth during San Diego Comic-Con may not be fun (at all), but they definitely made up for it this year by hosting an off-site, after-hours tiki party.
When released a month ago, tickets (of course) went very fast but all three of us in our party managed to grab the deluxe option, which include a random selection of one of Mondo’s “rare” tiki mugs, as well as drink tickets and potential raffle prizes.
Tucked away inside a completely unrelated restaurant, the False Idol bar is ten minutes away from the convention center but a real delight, in itself. Charming, kitschy and appropriately dark, the bar was packed with excited fans, each gripping the newest addition to their collection (Jason and I both got the Alien Xeno Bone variant, limited to 150, while our friend received the Gremlins Microwave Melt edition, which only had 100 made).
With syrupy (delicious) drinks pouring freely and Comic-Con-exclusive raffle prizes being handed out (our friend walked away with the now-sold-out Die Hard poster created by 100% Soft), Mondo capped the night by announcing their now-formalized partnership with the bar. This fall, an exclusive Jaws Tiki Mug will debut only at this San Diego location.
Guess we need to book our flight.
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018