It looks like we’ll be getting a new Phantasy Star title this year, but it sadly won’t be on consoles as SEGA is teasing a mobile game. The company launched a brand-new website as part of the series’ 30th Anniversary, which included a countdown clock to a big reveal on Tuesday, July 24th at 11 a.m. PDT. There’s absolutely no information out there about the game beyond the fact that it will eventually be available for iOS and Android devices.
For some, this is probably amazing news as they’re going to be getting a new Phantasy Star game in some capacity. But for us, we’re a little heartbroken. The last title in the series was Phantasy Star Nova, and it was only released in Japan for the PS Vita back in 2014. Considering the history of the series and the love fans have had for it over the decades, it would stand to reason that this would be an opportune time to release a new console title for multiple consoles and PC. Especially with how companies like Nintendo and Microsoft are getting more into crossplay. If there was ever a time to make a new major release for the franchise, this is the time.
- SEGA Formally Announces Their Complete Lineup for Gamescom 2018
- Ian Curran Appointed COO and President of SEGA of America
- SEGA Genesis Classics Receives a Randomly Free VR Update
- Sega is Releasing Genesis and Master Era Games on The Switch
- Pre-Order Dates Set For Atari And Sega Genesis Flashback Consoles
- The Atari Flashback 8 Gold & Sega Genesis Flashback Set For Fall Release
- The Sega Genesis Flashback Console Will Come Packaged With 85 Games
- Sega's End Of Year Presentation Hints That Old Sega Franchises Might Return
- Supermassive Games Trademarks Shattered State Without Exclusivity - August 18, 2018
- Far Cry 5 Reveals Next DLC Event, Dead Living Zombies - August 18, 2018
- Librarian Embezzles $89k, Spends It All on ‘Game of War’ Microtransactions - August 18, 2018
- Six Major Paris 2018: Semifinals – Evil Geniuses vs. Rogue - August 18, 2018
- Valve is Apparently Launching Its Own Streaming Channel Called Stream TV - August 18, 2018