Just like the title of Death of The Inhumans or The Death Of Wolverine, or The Death Of Ultimate Spider-Man, one should go into a title like that with fairly grim expectations.
Such as it is for the upcoming Extermination series by Ed Brisson and Pepe Larraz.
One of the rumours we have been hearing (put it in the checklist and everything) is that the series may see the cast of X-Men Blue, the original X-Men brought from the past to the present, be returned to the past. You know, going back to where they came from.
But the comic is not called Expulsion, Repatriation or Emigration. It’s called Extermination.
And so I hear from people at San Diego Comic-Con who have when Ahab arrives, mutant hunter with hounds from the future, with the X-Men Blue characters in his sights – one of them dies.
Properly dies. Like Lockjaw dies. No going back.
And that’s just in the first issue.
(W) Ed Brisson (A) Pepe Larraz (CA) Olivier Coipel
Cyclops. Iceman. Angel. Beast. Marvel Girl. The original team of teen mutants brought together by Professor Charles Xavier many years ago have been shunted through time to find a world they barely recognize but were determined to help. Now, finding themselves targeted for death, the future of mutantkind lies squarely in the hands of its past. Writer Ed Brisson (OLD MAN LOGAN, CABLE) and artist Pepe Larraz (UNCANNY AVENGERS, AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER) answer the biggest question of all: can the fate of the X-Men be changed? Rated T+ In Shops: Aug 15, 2018 SRP: $4.99
- Canada’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018
- Top 500 Comics and Graphic Novels Ordered in November 2018 - December 10, 2018
- Sarah Gordon is Going to Burn an Owl to Create Vicious Creatures Graphic Novel - December 10, 2018
- New Teaser Poster For 2019’s Sonic The Hedgehog Movie - December 10, 2018