Last week Bleeding Cool broke the news that DC Comics was making Batman #50 and Catwoman #1 returnable, in light of some retailers talking about class-action lawsuits over what they saw as an inaccurate solicitation of the comic books in question.
Basically, they didn’t get married as promised.
However, at the ComicsPRO breakfast meeting yesterday, with retailer members of that activist group, the consensus was more that the retailers weren’t upset at all. Indeed, they had enjoyed stellar sales, marriage or no marriage, spoiler or no spoiler.
There was a general feeling of “appreciate the gesture, but I have no Batman or Catwoman to return”.
Any retailers care to disagree with that, at this stage?
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018
- Michael Davis, Keynote Speaker at Afro ComicCon on the War for Static Shock - October 19, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 19th October 2018 – The Crossover-Then-New-Writer Paradigm - October 19, 2018
- Spider-Man, Who?? The Psychology of Marvel Comics Vs. the Movies - October 19, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Lenticular, Foil and Black Bags - October 19, 2018