At the Diamond Retailer Appreciation Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Comics saw Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski and SVP David Gabriel step in with the newly dyed and ex-Bleeding Cool reporter Donny Cates.
They had big things to announce. Specifically the return of the brand that put CCO Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti on the map at Marvel Comics, Marvel Knights, for its 2oth anniversary as an imprint.
And they’ve signed Cates up to a new exclusive contract at the publisher (sorry DC), giving him the reigns to the imprint — and the books that may come out from it. Quesada told him to “go nuts”. Cates will be overseeing all of it.
And you can follow other reports from the Retailer Appreciation Lunch right here.
- The Daily LITG, 14th December 2018 – All We Ever Wanted Were Stories of a Better World - December 14, 2018
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018