At the Diamond Retailer Appreciation Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Comics saw Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski and SVP David Gabriel step in with the newly dyed and ex-Bleeding Cool reporter Donny Cates.
They had big things to announce. Specifically the return of the brand that put CCO Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti on the map at Marvel Comics, Marvel Knights, for its 2oth anniversary as an imprint.
And they’ve signed Cates up to a new exclusive contract at the publisher (sorry DC), giving him the reigns to the imprint — and the books that may come out from it. Quesada told him to “go nuts”. Cates will be overseeing all of it.
And you can follow other reports from the Retailer Appreciation Lunch right here.
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018