At the Diamond Retailer Appreciation Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Comics saw Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski and SVP David Gabriel step in with the newly dyed and ex-Bleeding Cool reporter Donny Cates.
They had big things to announce. Specifically the return of the brand that put CCO Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti on the map at Marvel Comics, Marvel Knights, for its 2oth anniversary as an imprint.
And they’ve signed Cates up to a new exclusive contract at the publisher (sorry DC), giving him the reigns to the imprint — and the books that may come out from it. Quesada told him to “go nuts”. Cates will be overseeing all of it.
And you can follow other reports from the Retailer Appreciation Lunch right here.
- Uber: Invasion and Cinema Purgatorio in Avatar Press November 2018 Solicits - August 16, 2018
- Matt Brady Returns to Comics, and Somehow Bleeding Cool Has the Scoop - August 16, 2018
- Warren Ellis’s Only Convention Appearance in 2018 Will Be at Thought Bubble – But No, He Won’t Sign That - August 16, 2018
- The Bad of Fan Expo Boston 2018 – and Fan Expo’s Response - August 16, 2018
- Extermination #1 Second Printing Runs Final Page Spoiler on the Cover - August 16, 2018