In a world of reboots and revisits, why not yet another title added to the slate? It would appear that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is headed for a reboot — an “all-inclusive” reboot.
20th Century FOX Television, who will be producing the project, announced that Monica Owusu-Breen is writing a script for a reboot of Joss Whedon‘s cult favorite tv series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with a new take on the title character.
Apparently the new Chosen One will be a black woman in this “all-inclusive” reboot.
Whedon will be an exec producer on the series. He’s been working with Breen on the script.
The Hollywood Reporter comments that:
The decision to reboot Buffy comes a few months after Fox and 20th TV chairman and CEO Gary Newman hinted that the title could soon find itself into the studio’s development pipeline. “[Buffy] is probably our most ripe show for a remake, it’s something we talk about frequently,” he said in March, noting that the choice to do so ultimately was up to Whedon.
Gail Berman, Joe Earley, Fran Kazui, and Kaz Kazui (who produced Whedon’s original Buffy film) will also serve as exec producers on the potential series.
We’ll let you know as soon as we learn more about this developing project.
- James Marsters Open to Playing Spike in 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Reboot
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot Showrunner Speaks Out About Fan Backlash
- 'Men in Black' Reboot Gains Emma Thompson, Liam Neeson, and Kumail Nanjiani
- ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’: Mike Colter Posts Heartfelt Life Update - October 23, 2018
- Wanna See Imagine Dragons Music Video for ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’? - October 23, 2018
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018