In a world of reboots and revisits, why not yet another title added to the slate? It would appear that Buffy the Vampire Slayer is headed for a reboot — an “all-inclusive” reboot.
20th Century FOX Television, who will be producing the project, announced that Monica Owusu-Breen is writing a script for a reboot of Joss Whedon‘s cult favorite tv series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with a new take on the title character.
Apparently the new Chosen One will be a black woman in this “all-inclusive” reboot.
Whedon will be an exec producer on the series. He’s been working with Breen on the script.
The Hollywood Reporter comments that:
The decision to reboot Buffy comes a few months after Fox and 20th TV chairman and CEO Gary Newman hinted that the title could soon find itself into the studio’s development pipeline. “[Buffy] is probably our most ripe show for a remake, it’s something we talk about frequently,” he said in March, noting that the choice to do so ultimately was up to Whedon.
Gail Berman, Joe Earley, Fran Kazui, and Kaz Kazui (who produced Whedon’s original Buffy film) will also serve as exec producers on the potential series.
We’ll let you know as soon as we learn more about this developing project.
- James Marsters Open to Playing Spike in 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Reboot
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Reboot Showrunner Speaks Out About Fan Backlash
- 'Men in Black' Reboot Gains Emma Thompson, Liam Neeson, and Kumail Nanjiani
- Dame Judi Dench Joins Idris Elba in ‘Cats’ Feature Film - October 18, 2018
- Jon Favreau Shares Photo of His ‘Lion King’ Production - October 18, 2018
- Tony Awards Announce Broadcast Date, and Venue for 2019 - October 18, 2018
- ‘Wheel of Time’ Showrunner Asks What Fans What They Want in Series - October 18, 2018
- Yes, Really: NASA Just Gave Godzilla His Own Constellation - October 18, 2018