I’m not entirely sure why Superman got the award today when it’s held this particular record since the first issue came out, practically. But today, at the DC Comics panel, Bleeding Cool’s Marcos Salinas reports that DC Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee were presented with the Guinness World Record for Superman for the longest-running superhero comic book in the world, with 80 years in its back pocket.
Of course, Detective Comics will hit #1000 — but the only way it can take Superman’s crown if it manages to get both books cancelled. Hmm…
- No Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Past #25? - August 21, 2018
- Roy Thomas’s Origin of Red Sonja to Be Published by Dynamite in November - August 21, 2018
- Bettie Page Comes to London in November from Dynamite - August 21, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Prepares for Into the Spider-Verse Movie - August 21, 2018
- Marvel’s New Han Solo Stories About His Time in the Empire - August 21, 2018