I’m not entirely sure why Superman got the award today when it’s held this particular record since the first issue came out, practically. But today, at the DC Comics panel, Bleeding Cool’s Marcos Salinas reports that DC Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee were presented with the Guinness World Record for Superman for the longest-running superhero comic book in the world, with 80 years in its back pocket.
Of course, Detective Comics will hit #1000 — but the only way it can take Superman’s crown if it manages to get both books cancelled. Hmm…
- New Jersey School Board Votes to Keep Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home on the Curriculum - October 13, 2018
- Big Books From Marvel in 2019 – Omnibus, Masterworks and Epic Lines - October 13, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Bring Back Starforce Ahead of Captain Marvel Film - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Brendan Deenan and Cale Atkinson’s Night Night Groot - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Oversized Behold… Galactus Hardcover in May - October 13, 2018