I’m not entirely sure why Superman got the award today when it’s held this particular record since the first issue came out, practically. But today, at the DC Comics panel, Bleeding Cool’s Marcos Salinas reports that DC Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee were presented with the Guinness World Record for Superman for the longest-running superhero comic book in the world, with 80 years in its back pocket.
Of course, Detective Comics will hit #1000 — but the only way it can take Superman’s crown if it manages to get both books cancelled. Hmm…
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018