Today’s Marvel Spotlight magazine, free in comic stores the world over, has previews from some of the biggest comics comic from Marvel through the summer. But it is also launching on the first day of San Diego Comic-Con.
And so an ad for the collections of that seminal superhero comic book Miracleman by Alan Moore, Gary Leach, Alan Davis, Chuck Austen, Rick Veitch, John Totleben, Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham. These are all the issues from the eighties and nineties, republished by Marvel Comics.
The Silver Age issues which were to follow, were solicited back in 2016 with much fanfare, including the first of the unpublished issues by Gaiman and Buckingham but were never published. Last year’s San Diego Comic-Con saw editor Nick Lowe say that Buckingham was redrawing his entire Silver Age issues, and described the pages as “Marvel meets Miyazaki.” There was no publication date given last year.
Maybe there will be one this year? And this ad is the first evidence for it?
Maybe someone at Marvel is sending up a balloon.
MIRACLEMAN: SILVER AGE #1 (MR)
(W) Neil Gaiman (A/CA) Mark Buckingham
• Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham’s unfinished storyline “The Silver Age” begins!
• Young Miracleman – the lost member of the Miracleman Family – is back!
• His last memories were of a 1963 world of joy and innocence. Now, he’s been thrust into the 21st century, where his best friends have become gods and monsters.
• Remastered with stunning new artwork by Mark Buckingham!
• Including material originally presented in MIRACLEMAN (1985) #23, plus bonus content.
Mature In Shops: Apr 06, 2016
- Will You Find Doctor Aphra in Your Return of Wolverine #1 Second Printing? - October 18, 2018
- Landry Walker’s Writer’s Commentary for A Clash Of Kings #13 - October 18, 2018
- Dinesh Shamdasani Shaves Head to Match Bloodshot’s Vin Diesel - October 18, 2018
- Grant Morrison’s Midnight Green Lantern Tops Advance Reorders - October 18, 2018
- Trump Administration Sued Over Refusal to Release Records Regarding Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter’s Involvement With Veteran Affairs - October 18, 2018