The Joker origin movie that we’re getting has been the subject of many rumors since it was announced. It took Warner Bros. and DC months to confirm star Joaquin Phoenix, and even then no one was entirely sure if the production was actually going to happen. We got confirmation recently of Phoenix’s involvement and the rumor that production was set to start within the next couple of months. Deadline is now confirming that Warner Bros. has set an October 4th, 2019 release date.
Todd Phillips is directing and co-wrote the backstory tale of Batman’s archnemesis, which is described as a gritty character study but also a broader cautionary tale of a man disregarded by society who becomes the ultimate supervillain.
As soon as the movie goes into production we should learn a lot more. Warner Bros. will probably start filling out the cast in the next couple of months. There is still the big presentation for Warner Bros. on Saturday at San Diego Comic-Con, so maybe they’ll do some announcing during that.
- Alec Baldwin Joins the Cast of Todd Phillips' The Joker Movie
- Report: Composer Hildur Gudnadottir to Score Todd Phillips's Joker Movie
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018
- Amy Adams Thinks She’s Out of the DC Universe - December 9, 2018
- Carol Danvers Stands Tall in This New Poster for Captain Marvel - December 8, 2018
- First Trailer for Brightburn Imagines ‘What If Superman Was Evil?’ - December 8, 2018
- Dark Phoenix’s Script Was Reviewed by Kevin Feige, Will Have a Similar Tone to Logan - December 8, 2018