The Joker origin movie that we’re getting has been the subject of many rumors since it was announced. It took Warner Bros. and DC months to confirm star Joaquin Phoenix, and even then no one was entirely sure if the production was actually going to happen. We got confirmation recently of Phoenix’s involvement and the rumor that production was set to start within the next couple of months. Deadline is now confirming that Warner Bros. has set an October 4th, 2019 release date.
Todd Phillips is directing and co-wrote the backstory tale of Batman’s archnemesis, which is described as a gritty character study but also a broader cautionary tale of a man disregarded by society who becomes the ultimate supervillain.
As soon as the movie goes into production we should learn a lot more. Warner Bros. will probably start filling out the cast in the next couple of months. There is still the big presentation for Warner Bros. on Saturday at San Diego Comic-Con, so maybe they’ll do some announcing during that.
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018