Dynamite has licensed the rights to a Rainbow Brite comic book series through Hallmark, by Jeremy Whitley and Brittney Williams, for a brand-new all-ages monthly series starting in October.
This follows Dynamite’s line of all-ages titles Grumpy Cat, Boo: The World’s Cutest Dog, Bob’s Burgers and Nancy Drew.
Jeremy Whitley is quoted by Dynamite as saying:
“Rainbow Brite captured the imaginations of kids born in the ’80s (like myself) as a fantasy heroine who could change the world not just through magic, but through kindness. She is a symbol of what can happen when we all work together and fight back against the shadows that want to drain all of the color from the world. The world needs a young hero clad in a rainbow now more than ever in a world where things are often simplified into black and white and it’s easy for people to turn their back on people not like them.”
In Rainbow Brite, Wisp and Willow are best friends who live in a small town. They are inseparable, until one night Wisp discovers something is stealing the color from the world. To escape their grasp, Wisp must use her wits and the help of a new friend…from somewhere else! Then the adventure begins…
Jeremy Whitley is scheduled to sign Rainbow Brite posters from 4-5:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 21st at the PopMinded by Hallmark booth #1505 at San Diego Comic-Con 2018.
The debut issue of Rainbow Brite #1 has cover variants by Paulina Ganucheau, Tony Fleecs, a classic cover, and a black sketch cover.
- Will Heroes In Crisis #6 Feature Oculus Rift or Playstation VR? - November 19, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Dan DiDio and Kenneth Rocafort’s Sideways - November 19, 2018
- Lion Forge to Translate and Expand Palle Schmidt’s Crime Thriller, Stiletto - November 19, 2018
- The Man Who Reinvented Flintstones and Snagglepuss Does the Same For Red Sonja - November 19, 2018
- Marvel Publish League of Legends Comic Book, Digitally First - November 19, 2018