If you’ve been enjoying playing Wrecking Ball on the Overwatch PTR, we have some good news for you as far as his official entry into the game. It was announced today that the character will officially join the fray on July 24th, along with all of the other updates you’ve been experiencing on the test servers such as the new and improved Sombra additions they’ve worked on. This is good news for anyone who has been messing around with the little furball, but it does put an end to the insane shenanigans people have been doing on the PTR.
Unless Blizzard makes an official version of it in the game, we’re pretty confident the days of Hammond Racing will come to an end. In case you’re not familiar with the mode, people have been racing as Wrecking Ball in his roller formation, from the start to finish on any level that had a payload mission.
You can check out an example of this below, but the basic idea is that unless they make a mode that allows people to do this for fun, we’re guessing it will be near impossible to get a game going on Overwatch where all 12 players agree to a cease-fire in order to play.
- Hasbro and Blizzard Come Together for Overwatch Reaper Nerf Gun [SDCC]
- The London Spitfire Advance to the Semifinals of the Overwatch League
- Philadelphia Fusion Progress to the Overwatch League Semifinals
- Overwatch League Finds a Broadcast Home with ABC and ESPN
- Overwatch Fans Raised Over $12 Million for Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Overwatch Favorite Hanzo Statue Coming From Blizzard
- Fortnite YouTuber Gets Sued By Epic Games for Selling Cheats - October 15, 2018
- U.K.’s National Videogame Museum Opens Permanently in November - October 15, 2018
- Six Foot Officially Releases Dreadnought on Steam - October 15, 2018
- Disgaea 5 Complete Comes to Steam and PC Next Week - October 15, 2018
- Defiant Development Releases New DLC for Hand Of Fate 2 - October 15, 2018