We are having a look at a variety of Marvel Comics rumours ahead of San Diego Comic-Con today. A reliable source in the past, but I emphasise that these are closer to the Yellow Lights of Lying In The Gutters rather than the Green Lights of last year.
Marvel is already announcing that they are announcing new Spider-Man series The Superior Octopus, a rarity with a villainous lead, and a relaunch of Spider-Gwen as Ghost Spider. I understand they also have another to announce.
But I hear that does mean that Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider, the continuing adventures of Ben Reilly’s Spider-character spinning out of the recent Spider-Clone Saga revival, will finish with issue 25 in October.
I am however told that Marvel is thrilled with Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man written by Chip Zdarsky and we might look for a new #1 relaunch in December of January.
Scarlet Spider has #23 and #24 lined up for September… any clues?
BEN REILLY SCARLET SPIDER #23 & #24
(W) Peter David (A) Will Sliney (CA) Khary Randolph
• They say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and in BEN REILLY’s case, that may be literal!
• For months, Ben’s attempts to cure a young girl’s rare illness have proved fruitless – that is, until a mysterious benefactor from the DIOGENES INITIATIVE reaches out to him with the promise of salvation…for a price.
• Ben’s made his fair share of bad choices in the past, but will it matter if he makes this one for the right reasons? And more importantly, will that be enough to save his soul?
Rated T+ In Shops: Sep 5 & 26, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Diogenes Neves and Scott Hanna Dropped From Suicide Squad #50 and More DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes - December 13, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 13th December 2018, The Scott Snyder Who Laughs - December 13, 2018
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018