Marvel has been teasing their upcoming event title Extinction by Ed Brisson and Pepe Larraz with imagery including parallel shots of the time-travelled Original Five X-Men and their modern day counterparts. The plotline, begun by Brian Bendis, saw the characters from the earliest points in their superheroic lives, brought to the present by the Beast in order to shame Cyclops into changing his ways.
It didn’t work, Cyclops died and the O5 weren’t able to go back to their own timeline. Eventually, after a lot of faffing around, they discovered that they do go back. Just not yet.
Well, Extinction may be the other shoe dropping. As well as bringing back the adult Cyclops as has been teased, Bleeding Cool has been told by well-connected sources told that, yes, it’s the end of the line for the O5 – in this timeline anyway. What that means for parallel universe characters Bloodstorm and Ultimate Wolverine who have tagged along is anyone’s guess, not to mention those Poison symbiote creatures…
Discover more at San Diego Comic-Con we are betting.
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018