Marvel has been teasing their upcoming event title Extinction by Ed Brisson and Pepe Larraz with imagery including parallel shots of the time-travelled Original Five X-Men and their modern day counterparts. The plotline, begun by Brian Bendis, saw the characters from the earliest points in their superheroic lives, brought to the present by the Beast in order to shame Cyclops into changing his ways.
It didn’t work, Cyclops died and the O5 weren’t able to go back to their own timeline. Eventually, after a lot of faffing around, they discovered that they do go back. Just not yet.
Well, Extinction may be the other shoe dropping. As well as bringing back the adult Cyclops as has been teased, Bleeding Cool has been told by well-connected sources told that, yes, it’s the end of the line for the O5 – in this timeline anyway. What that means for parallel universe characters Bloodstorm and Ultimate Wolverine who have tagged along is anyone’s guess, not to mention those Poison symbiote creatures…
Discover more at San Diego Comic-Con we are betting.
- DC Comics Cancels Your Opportunity to Make Ant Lucia’s Harley Quinn Kiss The Joker Yourself - December 13, 2018
- Diogenes Neves and Scott Hanna Dropped From Suicide Squad #50 and More DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes - December 13, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 13th December 2018, The Scott Snyder Who Laughs - December 13, 2018
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018