There is apparently still bad blood between the various cast members of the Fast and Furious movies. There was allegedly a feud that broke out between Tyrese and Dwayne Johnson on top of the supposedly rivalry that happened between Johnson and Vin Diesel. Johnson was on the Andy Cohen’s Watch What Happens Live (via Entertainment Weekly) and was asked about the incident where Tyrese went off on Johnson about Fast and Furious 9 getting pushed back for the Hobbs and Shaw spinoff movie.
“That whole thing with Tyrese, it was pretty disappointing because I had been friends with Tyrese for a very long time,” Johnson said. “I always feel like a beef requires two people to actually jump in it, and it was pretty one-sided and he had voiced his opinion a lot on social media. Apparently, he was going through some stuff, too, in his personal life. But, no, we haven’t talked and I don’t see where we would and, to me, there’s no need to have a conversation.”
As far as who is winning at the box office it would obviously be Johnson, but we’ll have to see whether Fast and Furious 9 or Hobbs and Shaw ends up on top. It sounds like Johnson is well and truly over it, and we’ll have to see how Tyrese and Diesel end up acting in the coming months.
Production for Hobbs and Shaw is set to start production this September, it’ll be directed by David Leitch, and it has a release date of July 26th, 2019. So far it’s starring Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Idris Elba, and Vanessa Kirby. The Fast and Furious series has made $5.1 billion in the worldwide box office and has been keeping the lights on at Universal Pictures since 2001.
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018
- Instant Family Review: A Genuinely Funny and Sincere Family Comedy - November 16, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: The Crime of Poorly Paced Exposition - November 15, 2018