Color us pleasantly shocked by the news that STARZ has renewed original series Sweetbitter for a second season. The scrumptious show was surprising in its depth and immediate character building, a delicious tasting menu of 30 minutes perfectly balanced like a Michelin star meal should be.
Based on Stephanie Danler‘s Sweetbitter novel, the series stars Ella Purnell as Tess, a young and curious woman who moves solo to New York City, and pursues a career in the high-end restaurant industry. She’s always learning, her wide-eyed wonder and at-times incredibly frustrating naiveté is part of what captivated us about the show.
STARZ CEO Chris Albrecht said of the renewal:
“Season one gave audiences a taste of the characters and backstory of an upscale New York restaurant, leaving them wanting more – which we will deliver with a second helping of Sweetbitter. The immersion of the audience into the world in and around the restaurant will deepen as the series looks further into the complexities of Tess’ awakening and the lives of her new friends and colleagues in the second season.”
While we don’t know when they’re looking at season 2 of Sweetbitter premiering; we’re just delighted to know we’ll be getting a second course.
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 6, 'It's Mine'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 5, 'Weird Night'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 4, 'Simone's'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 3, 'Everyone Is Soigné'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 2, 'Now Your Tongue Is Coded'
- Let's Talk About STARZ's Sweetbitter Series Premiere, 'Salt'
- Live From Games Workshop 500th Store Celebration - October 21, 2018
- What Kate Mulgrew Said About Captain Janeway Returning to Star Trek - October 20, 2018
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018