Color us pleasantly shocked by the news that STARZ has renewed original series Sweetbitter for a second season. The scrumptious show was surprising in its depth and immediate character building, a delicious tasting menu of 30 minutes perfectly balanced like a Michelin star meal should be.
Based on Stephanie Danler‘s Sweetbitter novel, the series stars Ella Purnell as Tess, a young and curious woman who moves solo to New York City, and pursues a career in the high-end restaurant industry. She’s always learning, her wide-eyed wonder and at-times incredibly frustrating naiveté is part of what captivated us about the show.
STARZ CEO Chris Albrecht said of the renewal:
“Season one gave audiences a taste of the characters and backstory of an upscale New York restaurant, leaving them wanting more – which we will deliver with a second helping of Sweetbitter. The immersion of the audience into the world in and around the restaurant will deepen as the series looks further into the complexities of Tess’ awakening and the lives of her new friends and colleagues in the second season.”
While we don’t know when they’re looking at season 2 of Sweetbitter premiering; we’re just delighted to know we’ll be getting a second course.
- Sandra Bernhard is Joining Season 2 of STARZ 'Sweetbitter'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 6, 'It's Mine'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 5, 'Weird Night'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 4, 'Simone's'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 3, 'Everyone Is Soigné'
- Let's Talk About Sweetbitter Season 1, Episode 2, 'Now Your Tongue Is Coded'
- Let's Talk About STARZ's Sweetbitter Series Premiere, 'Salt'
- ‘Bond 25’ Director Cary Fukunaga on Franchise Past, Present, Future - December 11, 2018
- Bruce Campbell Says He’d Host The Oscars - December 11, 2018
- Robert Rodriguez Shares New ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Poster - December 11, 2018
- ‘Drunk History’ Tackles “The Creation of Frankenstein” in 2019 - December 11, 2018
- Luke’s Lightsaber Pulled from Auction, Mark Hamill Responds - December 11, 2018