Another BioWare departure has caught the eye of many in the industry as they are now saying goodbye to designer James Ohlen. Ohlen didn’t leave under bad terms (that we know of) or in a huff or pissed off at everyone. He simply took to Twitter to let people know he was retiring to catch a break and do something else.
After 22 years I have retired from BioWare. I’ve loved my time with Anthem, Star Wars, Dragon Age and Dungeons and Dragons. But I need to take a break from the industry and work on something a little smaller and more personal.
— James Ohlen (@JamesOhlen) July 12, 2018
We don’t really have anything lengthy or introspective about this. By all accounts, Ohlen was an awesome guy and one of the finest in his field. He did leave with one more departing tweet before signing off for the day, which has us excited as it’s Odyssey related. Ohlen has a new book coming out called Odyssey of the Dragonlords, which is a “hardcover sourcebook for the fifth edition” that he’s worked on with fellow BioWare employee Jesse Sky and a third unnamed party that we’re guessing we learn the name of soon.
- Dark Horse and BioWare to Publish 'Anthem' Comic Book Series, Art Book
- BioWare's Anthem Got a Massive Gameplay Reveal at EA Play
- BioWare Reveals New Anthem Key Art and Teases E3 Announcements
- Bioware Say Anthem Will Try to Break New Ground Marrying Multiplayer and Story
- BioWare Developer Hints that Dragon Age 4 is Actually in the Works
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018