On June 15th, Bleeding Cool ran the word that Ms. Marvel writer G. Willow Wilson was to write the Wonder Woman comic book for DC Comics.
I have been told that G. Willow Wilson has told people that she still owes her DC editors a project. Wilson, now well known as the writer and co-creator of Kamal Khan, Ms. Marvel, first started writing comics for DC back in 2007 with the graphic novel Cairo. She wrote a little for the DC Universe, as well as the Vertigo series Air, and for the AIT/Planet Lar revival of the Negative Burn anthology before co-creating the new Ms. Marvel for Marvel.
And I am told that this project will be the Wonder Woman series. Currently, the comic book has been a bit in the doldrums despite the success of the movie and news on the sequel, Wonder Woman 1984, hitting the headlines.
That all just got confirmed…. coming in December.
Friends…starting this December, we are going to Themyscira. Thrilled to be taking over writing duties for such an iconic character. pic.twitter.com/1sdY0qnXhN
— G. will be at SDCC (@GWillowWilson) July 11, 2018
Here’s the DC All Access video where it all got announced.
And this is just a thematic mashup illustration…
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018
- SCOOP: Jeff Lemire to Create Black Hammer Crossover With DC Comics Characters - December 13, 2018
- The Green Lantern #1, Heroes In Crisis #2 and Ogre #1 Get Second Printings - December 13, 2018
- DC Comics to Make Brian Bendis, David Walker and Jamal Campbell’s Naomi #1 Fully Returnable - December 13, 2018