New York-based brewery Ommegang sure has created some fabulous Game of Thrones-inspired beers and ales over the last several years, and they’re not stopping yet.
The most recent release is a Belgian-style blonde and sour ale based on Queen Cersei Lannister, First of her Name and ruler of the Seven Kingdoms.
This particular brew is the second release from a new selection of GoT adult beverages called the Royal Reserve Collection that will be hitting stores later this month.
Ommegang brewery president Doug Campbell says that Cersei is a complex character, and that they’ve “tried to emulate that profile with this beer, which blends a lovely, dry blonde ale with a subtly tart Belgian sour.”
Queen of the Seven Kingdoms pours a pale gold color with a brilliant white head. Aromas of melon, citrus, and lactic acidity meld together with fruity esters from the Belgian yeast. Tart citrus flavors soften to sweet malt flavors with notes of apricots. The finish is dry and crisp with a subtle citrus bite from the lemon peel. Queen of the Seven Kingdoms pairs well with sharp aged cheeses and salty cured meats, red meat or dark poultry, and spiced desserts like pumpkin pie or apple tarts.
Vice President of Global Licensing and Retail for HBO Jeff Peters said:
“When we set out to create the Royal Reserve Collection, we knew we had to pay homage the character currently sitting on the Iron Throne. We’re very happy to present this tribute to the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms herself, Cersei Lannister.”
- HBO: Game of Thrones Season 8 to Air in First Half of 2019, Prequel Series Details
- ThreeZero's Cersei Lannister 1/6th Scale Figure from HBO's Game of Thrones
- Check Out This Amazing NYC Game of Thrones Cosplay Shoot!
- A Very Different Cersei Lannister As Lena Headey Resurrects A King In New Kasabian Music Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 7: Finale Director Talks Dragonpit, Stark Sisters
- Let's Talk About Game Of Thrones s7e7, "The Dragon And The Wolf"
- ‘Aquaman’ is the Live-Action ‘Atlantis: The Lost Empire’ - December 16, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Trailer Dropping Tomorrow? - December 16, 2018
- Rian Johnson’s Heartfelt ‘The Last Jedi’ Thanks, 1 Year Later - December 16, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Spider-Verse’ Tops With $35 Million - December 16, 2018
- ‘SUPERMAN THE MOVIE’: Profound Impact Still Felt on 40th Anniversary - December 15, 2018