It would appear that Top Gun: Maverick (sequel to the 1986 action film) has found its pick to play Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Nick “Goose” Bradshaw’s son.
In the original film, Anthony Edwards (ER) played Goose, the best friend and co-pilot of Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (as played by Tom Cruise) who unfortunately loses his life during the course of the flick. At one point, we see Goose’s wife (Meg Ryan) and some of their adorable children, one of whom who will play a large part in the upcoming sequel.
According to Variety, Miles Teller (Whiplash, Fantastic Four) has been selected to play Goose’s adult son after a screen test with Cruise including two other actors.
Joe Kosinski, who previously worked with Cruise on Oblivion, will be directing, and Top Gun producer Jerry Bruckheimer is returning.
Top Gun: Maverick is set to buzz into theaters on July 12th, 2019.
- Top Gun: Maverick - Who Will Play Goose's Son?
- Val Kilmer Will Reportedly Return as Iceman in Top Gun 2
- Tom Cruise Posts Image as Top Gun: Maverick Begins Production
- Top Gun 2 Gets Director And A Release Date
- Tom Cruise Reveals The 'Top Gun' Sequel Title
- Tom Cruise Talks Top Gun 2 In Video Interview, Hints The Old Crew Is Onboard
- Tony Scott To Direct Top Gun 2 - But How Big Is Tom Cruise's Part?
- ‘Halloween’ 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Rightfully Gets to Boast - October 22, 2018
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ will Premiere at Wembley in London - October 22, 2018
- Warner Bros. Shifts ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ to 2020 - October 22, 2018
- Let’s Talk About ‘The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell’ - October 22, 2018
- Netflix Orders Second Season of Animated Series ‘Disenchantment’ - October 22, 2018