It would appear that Top Gun: Maverick (sequel to the 1986 action film) has found its pick to play Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Nick “Goose” Bradshaw’s son.
In the original film, Anthony Edwards (ER) played Goose, the best friend and co-pilot of Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell (as played by Tom Cruise) who unfortunately loses his life during the course of the flick. At one point, we see Goose’s wife (Meg Ryan) and some of their adorable children, one of whom who will play a large part in the upcoming sequel.
According to Variety, Miles Teller (Whiplash, Fantastic Four) has been selected to play Goose’s adult son after a screen test with Cruise including two other actors.
Joe Kosinski, who previously worked with Cruise on Oblivion, will be directing, and Top Gun producer Jerry Bruckheimer is returning.
Top Gun: Maverick is set to buzz into theaters on July 12th, 2019.
- Christopher McQuarrie Can't Say Much About 'Top Gun: Maverick', But-
- Top Gun: Maverick - Who Will Play Goose's Son?
- Val Kilmer Will Reportedly Return as Iceman in Top Gun 2
- Tom Cruise Posts Image as Top Gun: Maverick Begins Production
- Top Gun 2 Gets Director And A Release Date
- Tom Cruise Reveals The 'Top Gun' Sequel Title
- Tom Cruise Talks Top Gun 2 In Video Interview, Hints The Old Crew Is Onboard
- Tony Scott To Direct Top Gun 2 - But How Big Is Tom Cruise's Part?
- Ain’t They A Pair: Images of Bullock, Swearengen from ‘Deadwood’ Movie - December 19, 2018
- Yes, ‘Aladdin’ Will Still Have Princess Jasmine’s Companion Raja - December 19, 2018
- Guy Ritchie’s ‘Aladdin’ Looks Like a Whole New World of Disney Live Action - December 19, 2018
- Writer Jay Basu Added to ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Film - December 18, 2018
- George Takei Boards Season 2 of AMC’s ‘The Terror’ - December 18, 2018