A couple of weeks ago, Bleeding Cool told you that as a result of their investment into the 100-page Walmart anthology titles and the print stock needed for those titles, DC Comics were going to shift from glossy paper to non-glossy paper for their entire line. Which will also necessitate a change in the entire colouring process.
Well, tomorrow (or tonight for midnight launch comic stores) that begins to happen. While all other DC Comics I’ve had reports from are using the glossy stock, Catwoman #1 by Joelle Jones is the first to use the matte stock. Thick, less slippy, less reflective. I wonder what changes colourist Laura Allred had to make in preparation?
Expect more titles to follow next week…
(W) Joelle Jones (A/CA) Joelle Jones
The wedding night’s barely over, but Catwoman’s back on the streets, this time to expose a copycat who’s pulling heists around Gotham City. As Selina cracks the whip on her former criminal cohorts, she’s attracting unwanted attention from one of Gotham’s most dangerous groups. The mob? Nope. Try the GCPD. And as if the Bat-Bride didn’t have enough problems, don’t miss the debut of an all-new villain determined to make trouble for all nine of Selina’s lives. Don’t miss the start of an all-new monthly series written and illustrated by Eisner Award-nominee Joëlle Jones!In Shops: Jul 04, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018
- Three Competitive Creative Teams for Wonder Woman? - October 15, 2018
- David F Walker… Not Writing Flash for DC Comics - October 15, 2018