Industry figures have told us that comic book artist Bong Ty Dazo has died.
A comic book artist from the Philippines, he began in comic career 30 years ago in 1988, working most prominently for Marvel, Dark Horse, and 451 Media.
He is probably best known for his many, many comics starring Deadpool.
But he also drew Star Wars: Knights of the Republic for Dark Horse and series such as Thunderbolts, Shadowland: Moon Knight, Markings, Bad Moon Rising, Aether and Empire, and Side-Kicked.
He was also an actor, and a production designer for the Philippine Educational Theater Association.
I understand he passed away after being diagnosed with liver cancer. Dazo is survived by his wife and two children.
Just found out today, that we’ve lost @451official’s Bong TY Dazo. A hugely talented artist, the guy was a legend and I will always remember his awesome work on Exmortis and S6X. RIP fella…
— Andi Ewington (@AndiEwington) June 29, 2018
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018
- ‘Neal Adams Is Full Of Crap’ – Roy Thomas Refutes Claims About the Kree/Skrull War - December 15, 2018
- Victoria McNally, Valiant’s Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Also Out - December 15, 2018
- How The Graphic Novel Sale is Looking at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet - December 15, 2018