Industry figures have told us that comic book artist Bong Ty Dazo has died.
A comic book artist from the Philippines, he began in comic career 30 years ago in 1988, working most prominently for Marvel, Dark Horse, and 451 Media.
He is probably best known for his many, many comics starring Deadpool.
But he also drew Star Wars: Knights of the Republic for Dark Horse and series such as Thunderbolts, Shadowland: Moon Knight, Markings, Bad Moon Rising, Aether and Empire, and Side-Kicked.
He was also an actor, and a production designer for the Philippine Educational Theater Association.
I understand he passed away after being diagnosed with liver cancer. Dazo is survived by his wife and two children.
Just found out today, that we’ve lost @451official’s Bong TY Dazo. A hugely talented artist, the guy was a legend and I will always remember his awesome work on Exmortis and S6X. RIP fella…
— Andi Ewington (@AndiEwington) June 29, 2018
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018