A year ago director Edgar Wright released Baby Driver, which went on to not only be one of the sleeper hits of the summer, but it was also one of the best movies of 2017. There have been rumors for months that Wright was working on a sequel, but no one is really saying anything definitive yet. Wright is not a man who does sequels, but this seems to be the one that he might make an exception for. Wright took to Twitter to acknowledge the film’s first anniversary since its release and to drop another hint that a sequel with Ansel Elgort could be coming sooner rather than later.
‘Baby Driver’ was released one year ago today. Had a wild ride with it in the last 365 days. so I thank you for all your beautiful responses, it means everything. And who knows, maybe he could get back on the road soon… pic.twitter.com/MgtRlPACau
— edgarwright (@edgarwright) June 28, 2018
A sequel to Baby Driver would have to address the ending and whether or not it was real. There is a debate among fans of the movie that the ending was either the real world or some sort of dream by Baby as he rotted in prison. Wright still seems keen to make this happen, so maybe we’ll get some sort of announcement soon.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018