Today, Overwatch sent out their 1.25 update to the game, which included some new additions and changes to Symmetra. We have the complete list of additions below, many of which you’ve already experienced in the PTR servers.
But, I must say, having Symmetra as one of my main characters… they broke her. Just my opinion, but when you take away the tracking on her beam and nerf her turrets from 6 to 3, make the teleporter useless, and turn her ultimate into a wasteful shield; you didn’t help. Looks like we’re going back to play Mei and Widowmaker for a while…
- Whenever players finish a match, they can now use Endorsements to recognize their teammates for exceptional teamwork, sportsmanship, or shot calling. Opponents can be endorsed for good sportsmanship as well!
- Endorsing players will earn you bonus XP, and the more endorsements you rack up from other players, the higher your Endorsement Level will rise, up to 5. Scaling rewards based on this level can be claimed periodically.
Looking For Group
- Players can now use the Looking For Group interface to form their own groups with custom parameters. Choose roles, team compositions, desired endorsement levels, and even merge with other groups.
- Career Profiles now have adjustable privacy settings, with your choice of Public, Friend Only, or Private.
New Damage Category
- The Offense and Defense hero roles have been merged to form a single Damage category.
- The reality-bending hero Symmetra has undergone one of the biggest overhauls since Overwatch’s release, donning the new Damage role and coming in with a brand new primary attack, secondary attack, two new abilities, and a new ultimate ability. More details on her re-work can be found here: (https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/symmetra-rework/122234)
- The map Horizon Lunar Colony has received design changes for both game balance and cosmetic purposes, adding more cover to objective points, some flora to the botany sections, and more!