Finally, Superman III turns an impressive profit! We kid, we kid. Okay yes, most fans do beat up on the later Christopher Reeve last son of Krypton films because they kind of deserve it, III had some pretty good moments.
Like, Evil Superman.
Which led to drunk Superman.
Anyhow- one of the screen used costumes from the film just sold at auction for $200,000 USD during Julien’s Auctions Hollywood Legends in Las Vegas. It was originally expected to bring in between $20,000-$40,000.
Specifically, it was one of Reeve’s flying suits from the film, from the Evil Superman sequence. The lot consisted of a Bermans & Nathans-made darker blue leotard with symbolic S chest plate, and the darker maroon trunks, boots, and cape, as well as a darker gold belt.
SOLD for $200,000! An original #Superman costume worn by Christoper Reeve in Superman III! Sold today in our "Hollywood Legends" #memorabilia #auction at @PHVegas and online at https://t.co/TiME89uOXn! pic.twitter.com/OIJo9GO2dn
— Juliens Auctions (@JuliensAuctions) June 23, 2018
- Up for Auction: Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman Corset, Boots, Gloves
- Han Solo's 'Return of the Jedi' Blaster Just Sold for $550k
- Jamie Lee Curtis's Little Black Dress from 'True Lies' Sold for $3K
- Helen Slater's Supergirl Costume Sells for $20,480 at Auction
- Ursa's Jumpsuit from Superman II Sells for $8,500
- Dracula Series Coming to BBC, Netflix from Sherlock Team - October 15, 2018
- Meet Alfred for Gotham Spinoff Series, Pennyworth - October 15, 2018
- The Russo Brothers Say Avengers 4 has Wrapped Filming - October 15, 2018
- Milla Jovovich Posts ‘Monster Hunter’ Movie Update - October 14, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Wanna Hear Caitriona Balfe’s Sam Heughan Impression? - October 14, 2018