Finally, Superman III turns an impressive profit! We kid, we kid. Okay yes, most fans do beat up on the later Christopher Reeve last son of Krypton films because they kind of deserve it, III had some pretty good moments.
Like, Evil Superman.
Which led to drunk Superman.
Anyhow- one of the screen used costumes from the film just sold at auction for $200,000 USD during Julien’s Auctions Hollywood Legends in Las Vegas. It was originally expected to bring in between $20,000-$40,000.
Specifically, it was one of Reeve’s flying suits from the film, from the Evil Superman sequence. The lot consisted of a Bermans & Nathans-made darker blue leotard with symbolic S chest plate, and the darker maroon trunks, boots, and cape, as well as a darker gold belt.
SOLD for $200,000! An original #Superman costume worn by Christoper Reeve in Superman III! Sold today in our "Hollywood Legends" #memorabilia #auction at @PHVegas and online at https://t.co/TiME89uOXn! pic.twitter.com/OIJo9GO2dn
— Juliens Auctions (@JuliensAuctions) June 23, 2018
- Han Solo's 'Return of the Jedi' Blaster Just Sold for $550k
- Jamie Lee Curtis's Little Black Dress from 'True Lies' Sold for $3K
- Helen Slater's Supergirl Costume Sells for $20,480 at Auction
- Ursa's Jumpsuit from Superman II Sells for $8,500
- Jamie Foxx Auditioned to Play Spawn 6 Years Ago, Teases Plot of Reboot - July 17, 2018
- Her Universe Launches Disney Princess Line – There’s a HeiHei Purse - July 17, 2018
- Hulu Sinks Fangs into Anne Rice’s ‘Vampire Chronicles’ TV Series - July 17, 2018
- Zoya, Liberty Belle GLOW Action Figures Coming from Funko - July 17, 2018
- Greg Berlanti is Developing a Batwoman TV Series for The CW - July 17, 2018