One of Funko’s Pop Vinyl exclusives for San Diego Comic-Con 2018 is from Heavy Metal, the classic animated film character Taarna the Taarakian.
The Loc-Nar, now the size of a giant meteor, crashes into a volcano on an unnamed world, changing a tribe of human outcasts into mutated barbarians who ravage a peaceful city. The elders desperately try to summon the last of a warrior race, the Taarakians. Taarna, a strong, beautiful, and mute Taarakian warrior maiden, arrives too late to stop the massacre and resolves to avenge the city. Her search leads to the barbarians’ stronghold, where she is captured, stripped of her clothing, tortured, and left for dead. With the help of her Taarakian mount, she escapes, places her outfit back on, and confronts the barbarian leader. Though wounded, she defeats him. With Taarna readying her final attack on the Loc-Nar, it tells her not to sacrifice herself as she cannot destroy it. She does not relent, and her self-sacrifice destroys the Loc-Nar.
The character has recently been revived by “Heavy Metal” in a new series by Alex De Campi and Esau Escorzi. And now, also, a Funko Pop… find it at their booth during the show.
- James Wan Gets Funko Pop, Teases 'Aquaman' Battle
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 6: Marvel! Plus: Taika Waititi
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 5: Movies and Games!
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 4: Comics! Saga and Hellboy
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 3: DC Comics! Plus: James Wan!
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 2: Star Wars! Plus: Clone Wars Pops in August
- Funko SDCC Exclusive Wave 1: Anime! Dragonball, Heavy Metal, and More
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018
- Three Competitive Creative Teams for Wonder Woman? - October 15, 2018
- David F Walker… Not Writing Flash for DC Comics - October 15, 2018