As Brian Michael Bendis has moved to DC Comics and has taken his creator-owned titles with him, it’s worth noting that these are the first truly creator-owned comics that DC has published for quite some time. And as he begins a new Scarlet series with co-creator Alex Maleev.
A collection of the original series was solicited from DC in the Absolute format pioneered by Scott Dunbier, oversized, thick glossy and in a slipcase. Containing the five issues published in 2010 – 2011, two in 2013, and the final three in 2016.
It was listed on the order form but not in DC Previews’ listing itself.
The first 10 issues of the classic Jinxworld series are collected in DC’s Absolute format! SCARLET is the story of a woman pushed to the edge by all that’s wrong with the world. A woman who discovers within herself the power to start a modern American revolution! Scarlet has declared war on a city strangled from within by corruption! Her call to arms has been heard all over the world – but now Scarlet makes her boldest move yet, taking City Hall hostage while the entire country watches. How will the public react to her demands? Can a modern revolution gain traction? And what will the government do to shut her down?
DC Comics has now told retailers that the listing was accidental — it will be withdrawn and resolicited at a later date. When they actually meant to.
They have also cancelled the following items, though they will all also be resolicited.
BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS HC (DC MODERN CLASSICS EDITION)
WATCHMEN HC (DC MODERN CLASSICS EDITION)
GREEN ARROW VOL. 6: TRIAL OF TWO CITIES TP
- Clothing Review: Jinx Endgame Zip-Up Hoodie
- Daily LITG – 23rd September 2018 – Still Bubblin’ - September 23, 2018
- Dave Elliott Teases GWNN Ahead of New York Comic-Con, at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Brief Glimpse of The Wicked + The Divine Immersive Experience at Thought Bubble 2018 - September 22, 2018
- Paul Cornell – Saucer State Will Be Crowdfunded - September 22, 2018
- What Did Warren Ellis Say to Kieron Gillen at Thought Bubble 2018? (VIDEO) - September 22, 2018