Someday, I’d love to crawl inside the brain of filmmakers like Robert Zemeckis to understand where a film like Welcome to Marwen came from.
The first trailer for the Universal Pictures film starring Steve Carrell and Janelle Monae hit this morning, and it’s certainly something to see:
This could very well be one of Carell’s most interesting performances — seeing him dive into a more dramatic role is always a fascinating viewing experience. Pair that with Zemeckis, score by Alan Silvestri, and a cast including Leslie Mann, Diane Kruger, and Gwendoline Christie, this one is certainly going on our anticipated features list.
After surviving a violent attack, Mark Hogancamp (Carell) creates a miniature World War II town in his backyard as a way to escape from reality. The event wipes away all Hogancamp’s memories, no one expected recovery. Putting together pieces from his old and new life, Mark meticulously creates a wondrous town where he can heal and be heroic. As he builds an astonishing art installation—a testament to the most powerful women he knows—through his fantasy world, he draws strength to triumph in the real one.
Welcome to Marwen is set to hit theaters this Thanksgiving, November 21st, 2018.
- Timothée Chalamet and Steve Carell on 'Beautiful Boy' - MVFF
- Despicable Me 3 Review: More For Grownups Than For The Kids
- Trailer For The Emma Stone And Steve Carell Sports Comedy 'Battle Of The Sexes'
- Steve Carell Pulls Double Duty In Despicable Me 3
- Steve Carell & Christian Bale Bet Against The American Economy In The Big Short Trailer
- Legendary Entertainment Nabs Dark Horse’s Black Hammer for Film, TV - November 13, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Caitriona Balfe on the Unsavory Side of “Do No Harm” - November 13, 2018
- Here’s the Official Synopsis for ‘Detective Pikachu’ - November 13, 2018
- Disney+ Star Wars Series ‘The Mandalorian’ Will Star Pedro Pascal - November 13, 2018
- Let’s Play Motorball in the New ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Trailer - November 13, 2018