While Niantic themselves haven’t released any details, it has been confirmed through multiple sources that Squirtle will be the next Pokémon GO Community Day feature. The event will be kicking off on July 8th, and according to a few different websites it will feature increased spawns for Squirtle, three hour lure modules, a special sale box, one-quarter egg hatch distance, the entire Squirtle evolution in shiny form, and a rumored special move in you evolve to Blastoise during the event.
Considering that this event will be happening before Pokémon GO Fest in Chicago, don’t expect it to have any lasting effects or be spread out longer than the intended 24-hour period as we’re sure it will be all hands on deck and all modes changed once they start preparing for it to happen. Surprisingly, the community events have been helping the game turn a corner in some parts of the world where gameplay has been down, as bringing a focus on specific fan-favorites and giving people a chance to really cash in on the event as trainers is a big plus. For those of you without a Squirtle, or looking to improve the ones you have, we wish you luck in a few weeks.
- Pokémon GO Has Earned Over $1.8 Billion in Revenue
- Pokémon GO Has a New Festive Pikachu for Its Second Anniversary
- Pokémon GO Adds Snorlax as a Limited Time Research Reward
- Pokémon GO Swaps Places with 2 Region-Exclusive Creatures
- Pokémon Go is Getting a Friends List, Trading, and Gifting
- Alolan Versions of Diglett and Geodude Are Coming to Pokémon GO
- Niantic Just Took Aim at Cheaters in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Will Be Introducing Alolan Variants Soon
- The Shiny Ho-Oh is Now Available in Pokémon GO Raids