The Exorcist getting the ax over at Fox freed up actor Ben Daniels, who has now signed on to play Antony Armstrong-Jones opposite Helena Bonham Carter in the third season of Netflix’s royal drama, The Crown. Daniels replaces Matthew Goode as the photographer and royal husband to Princess Margaret (Carter) when the series returns in 2019. The season will begin shooting next month and will start in 1963, covering events like the rise of The Beatles and England’s 1966 World Cup win. We’ll also see the introduction of more modern characters like Camilla Parker Bowles.
As for the couple, Princess Margaret and Armstrong-Jones were married at the end of season 2. They go on to have two children and their marriage becomes rocky as she continues her late-night partying while he becomes the artistic adviser to the Sunday Times Magazine.
Daniels is the latest addition to the cast that also has Tobias Menzies replacing Matt Smith as Prince Philip, Olivia Coleman replacing Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth II, and Bonham Carter replacing Vanessa Kirby as Margaret. Prior to The Exorcist, Daniels recurred in House of Cards, starred in Flesh and Bone and Hollow Crown, and played General Merrick in Star Wars: Rogue One.
- 'The Crown': Season 3 Finds Their Camilla Parker Bowles
- First Look at Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip from 'The Crown'
- How About 'The Crown', But Reimagined as a Cop Show?
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018