Ryan Sands plays Geoffrey Wilder in the Marvel TV adaptation of the Runaways comic book, which airs on Hulu. He’s rather a standout star of the show — a domineering boss with criminal connections and father of Alex Wilder. But as well as being an actor, Sands is also an illustrator.
Here are a few examples of his work over the last 10 years or so, posted on Instagram and Behance. He sells prints of some of them as well. And it seems that Marvel Comics has noticed. And he has been tapped to draw a variant cover for Runaways #13 in September.
Here’s the full solicitation. Expect the artwork to go up sometime before then. San Diego Comic-Con would be a handy place to do so, wouldn’t it?
RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
DAVID LAFUENTE (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA
VARIANT COVER BY RYAN SANDS
THAT WAS YESTERDAY starts here!
• After the world-shaking arc-end in #12, a lot has changed for your favorite super-teens.
• And a major villain from Runaways past is back in a way you won’t be able to predict!
• Plus! This issue has a variant cover by Ryan Sands, the actor who plays Geoffrey Wilder on the Marvel’s Runaways television series, now streaming on Hulu!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
- Runaways Season 2: First Image, Promo, and Synopsis
- Hulu Announces Release Date for Season 2 of 'Marvel's Runaways'
- Captain Marvel Gets a Braver & Mightier One Shot in February - November 20, 2018
- Mark Millar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter in Image Comics February 2019 Solicits - November 20, 2018
- Minor Disaster – A New Legacy Character for Harley Quinn - November 20, 2018
- Aquaman Encourages Kids to Take Comics Into the Bath - November 20, 2018
- New York Bar Sues Image Comics and Forbidden Planet For $2 Million Over Dead Rabbit Trademark - November 20, 2018