We got a chance to go over several games with Focus Home Interactive at E3, and the first title on the block for me was Insurgency: Sandstorm. The game is an improved sequel from New World Interactive’s original Insurgency game, basically taking the fundamentals that worked and making improvements while fixing all of the stuff that didn’t really pan out the way they hoped from the first one. The demo I got to try out was on a private server as myself and nine other individuals teamed up to take out the enemies and claim three points, all without having our entire squad killed off.
The gameplay is great and the surroundings were awesome. Being able to work as a group proved to be the biggest challenge as the left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing sometimes. So communication is going to be key for those of you who pick this one up. The biggest problem I had was choosing a loadout as there’s no way to truly determine what will work best in a situation, and once you figure it out, you can’t change it mid-match and have to work with what you got. Overall though, it was a sweet demo and we look forward to trying the full version of Insurgency: Sandstorm when it comes out in September 2018 for Steam. Consoles will have to wait until early 2019.
- Fear The Wolves Receives a Pair of Videos to Aid Players
- We Get a Preview of GreedFall, But We're Not Sure What the Game Is Trying to Do
- Agony Unrated is Back On and Coming This Halloween - October 21, 2018
- Fortnite Will Soon Let You Break Gravity, Because Why Not? - October 21, 2018
- Capcom Shows Off Claire Redfield in Military Gear for Resident Evil 2 - October 21, 2018
- We Now Know When the Fallout 76 Beta Will Kick Off - October 21, 2018
- Intellivision Reveals Their Amico Console at Portland Retro Gaming Expo - October 21, 2018