We haven’t seen Sicario: Day of the Soldado but there are already rumors that we might get a third entry in the series. Producer Trent Luckinbill spoke to Cinema Blend and said they are thinking of bringing Emily Blunt back for a third movie.
Sure. Yeah. Absolutely. I think Taylor certainly has some ideas about all of that, but we’re open to that world and certainly would love to bring Emily back. We haven’t written the script yet, but yeah it would make a lot of sense. We’re all fans of the movie, we’ve all come to the same conclusion, which is ‘It would be great to see her again.’ So I think we’re striking up those conversations now.
It sounds like everyone is pretty confident that Sicario: Day of the Soldado is going to do well enough to merit a sequel. The first one was a bit of a sleeper hit of 2015 as it pulled in over $84 million on a $30 million budget and went on to end up on a lot of “best of” lists. Writer Taylor Sheridan is a rising talent and Sony really wants to court him they’ll let him keep making these movies.
The drug war on the US-Mexico border has escalated as the cartels have begun trafficking terrorists across the US border. To fight the war, federal agent Matt Graver re-teams with the mercurial Alejandro.
Sicario: Day of the Soldado, directed by Stefano Sollima, stars Josh Brolin, Isabela Moner, Benicio Del Toro, Matthew Modine, and Jeffrey Donovan. It will be released June 29th.
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018
- Amy Adams Thinks She’s Out of the DC Universe - December 9, 2018
- Carol Danvers Stands Tall in This New Poster for Captain Marvel - December 8, 2018
- First Trailer for Brightburn Imagines ‘What If Superman Was Evil?’ - December 8, 2018
- Dark Phoenix’s Script Was Reviewed by Kevin Feige, Will Have a Similar Tone to Logan - December 8, 2018