The Entertainment Software Association made a post at the end of E3 declaring the event a success along with a couple of numbers to take note of. The first of which is that the event drew 69,200 visitors (which they weren’t clear if that was paid attendees or if it included invited media), making it one of their biggest conventions to date either way. The second set of numbers is next year’s dates, which confirmed that the 2019 event will be happening June 11th-13th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
There was also a brief mention of BYU taking the top honors in the College Game Competition, which is pretty cool being a Utah-native myself to see one of the college programs here getting a shot in the arm from the industry. Here’s a snippet of the announcement they released.
“E3 2018 was an enormous success, amplified by the thousands of gamers in attendance and millions more around the world who watched online,” said Michael D. Gallagher, president and CEO of ESA. “E3 2018 reinforced the cultural prominence of video games for a global audience. Congratulations to our innovative exhibitors, members, and partners and to the millions of gamers who celebrated a spectacular E3 with us.”
E3 exhibitor and ESA member, Epic Games, stated, “We had an amazing time celebrating Fortnite with our players and partners this year at E3. Bringing players together is an important part of what we do with Fortnite, and E3 is one of the best venues to connect face-to-face with fans, friends, and the industry.”
- Shooting Everything We Can Forever in Our Demo of Starlink
- Online Play Confirmed for Super Mario Party at E3
- If You're Planning a Heist, You Better Know How It Ends: 'Silver' by Stephan Franck
- Austin Creed and Kenny Omega Have Laid the Groundwork for Awesome Possibilities
- We Got to Play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at E3, and It Was Awesome
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake is Still in Full Development Despite Not Being at E3
- Review: AZIO R.C.K. Vintage Typewriter Keyboard - December 10, 2018
- Fortnite Streamer Arrested For Alleged Domestic Abuse During Stream - December 10, 2018
- Bethesda Softworks Celebrates DOOM’s 25th Anniversary - December 10, 2018
- A List of Winners From the Gamer’s Choice Awards - December 10, 2018
- Worldbuilding On Multiple Levels: An Interview with Patrick Rothfuss - December 10, 2018