This week sees the new issue of Damage #6 by Robert Venditti and Diogenes Neves with Tony S. Daniel relegated to cover duties while he draws Batman… and as ever it’s another example of DC Comics editorial having no idea what to do with their character Poison Ivy.
After being a hero trying to save mankind in Batgirl and the Birds of Prey and being a misguided hero trying to save mankind from itself in Batman, in Damage #6 she wants to destroy mankind — and replace it with militant industrialised gorillas.
I’m not exactly sure how that is better… I wonder how Tom King is going to be able to consolidate this in the Heroes in Crisis series… or if he’ll take the easy way out and kill her off, along with everyone else.
(W) Robert Venditti (A) Diogenes Neves (CA) Tony S. Daniel, Danny Miki
Poison Ivy has been transforming the countryside and turning humans into plant food, but not to create a perfect ecological system for her beloved greenery. Rather, it’s a brand-new home for Gorilla Grodd and his army of apes! Damage faces his toughest opponent yet. Will his fists be any match for the meaty paws of the gorilla king? And what exactly is Swamp Thing’s role in all of this? In Shops: Jun 20, 2018
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018