Marvel Comics’ monthly series Thanos was cancelled at the height of its sales as the storyline started by Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw continued in the Infinity Wars series and span off into the upcoming already sold out Cosmic Ghost Rider series.
But Donny just can’t leave well alone. And on September 5th, he joins Infinity Wars writer Gerry Duggan and artist Brian Level for the latest Thanos chapter, an over-sized one-shot Thanos Legacy.
Editor Jordan D. White offers a few insights on what to expect from this massive one-shot: “Donny is cooking up a 20 page story that answers the questions you’re definitely going to have regarding the mind-blowing events of INFINITY WARS PRIME…while Gerry Duggan is writing a story about the connection between Thanos and Requiem. Both shine new lights on the villain of INFINITY WARS and how the story comes from what came before.”
As Duggan explores Thanos’ link to Requiem, Cates returns to answer how the Mad Titan’s journey back from the future in “Thanos Wins” will impact the world-shattering events of INFINITY WARS. And the latter offers an ominous tease of the story to come… “THANOS LEGACY is a kind of thematic sequel to the ‘Thanos Wins’ storyline that Geoff Shaw and I created. It follows the missing time from the end of Thanos’ journey at the end of everything to…well, you’ll see,” explains Cates. “It’s an absolute blast to step back into the Mad Titan’s story and to give voice to my favorite monster again. If you dug ‘Thanos Wins’, this is a story you won’t want to miss! Things are about to get brutal again.”
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018