One of the first appointments I had at E3 was with 505 Games who took us into the darkest dungeons Otherside Entertainment could create in Underworld Ascendant. The game is a first-person dungeon explorer that basically makes you an adventurer with various ways to play the game. One of the best mechanics about all of this is that there’s no wrong way to play the game. If you feel like sniping people from afar with a bow and arrow, you can do it. If you want to use magic and kill from a medium distance, you can. If you want to hack-n-slash with a sword, you can totally go for it.
What I loved best about the game in its current build is the look, as it feels like a Dungeons & Dragons kind of lair come to life, complete with the shadows and tones and dankest of areas you can get. Right now the game is in alpha mode for backers who contributed to their Kickstarter fund, while those who want to play the final version will need to wait a few more months as they’re aiming for a September release.
- Mondo Celebrates E3 with Mega Man, Fallout Posters, Last of Us Part 2 Vinyl
- Insurgency: Sandstorm Releases an E3 Gameplay Trailer
- Hollow Knight Hits Nintendo Switch Today, from Nintendo E3 2018 Presentation
- SNK Heroines' Luong and Mian Got a Switch E3 Trailer
- Killer Queen Black Reveal Causes Buzz at Nintendo E3 2018 Presentation
- Dealing With Aliens in Everyday Life With Desert Child at E3 - June 18, 2018
- A New Retro Gaming Solution Shown Off at E3 with Polymega - June 18, 2018
- Cygames Gives Us a Preview of Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link at E3 - June 18, 2018
- Bigben Interactive Bring Warhammer: Chaosbane to the E3 Floor - June 18, 2018
- The Sinking City Takes Lovecraftian Pleasure to a New Level - June 18, 2018